Thursday 16 September 2010

Thats the way you do it - Fergie !!


Chelsea and Arsenal delivered a 10-goal blitz to kick off their Champions League glory bids in stunning style.

Twenty-four hours after Manchester United stuttered to a 0-0 home draw with Rangers, the London sides showed Alex Ferguson exactly how it is done.
Essien 13' | Anelka 24' 28' | Sturridge 48' | Oravec 55'
Arsenal bashed Braga with six of the best and the Blues fired four past minnows Zilina.
Gunners boss Arsene Wenger said: "What pleased me most was the quality. It was a fantastic, flowing game and I hope people enjoyed it.
"Barca played exceptionally well on Tuesday and we played exceptionally well too.
"I have always believed in this team. What they achieved at 20 years of age was remarkable for me. Now they are 22 and 23 and we continue to grow."
Chelsea thumped Slovakia's Zilina thanks to a Nicolas Anelka double and goals from Michael Essien and Daniel Sturridge.
Striker Sturridge, 21, said: "Scoring my first European goal is something I have dreamed of since I was a kid.
"I'm delighted and, hopefully, there will be many more to come.
"We played the ball quickly and wanted to make moves in the attacking half of the field and defend well - and that worked.
"There are a lot of world-class players in this team and, hopefully, I'll be playing a lot more often with them.
"The fans got behind their team but we were strong. We came here to win and to get three points on the board is fantastic."


For Match Full Highlights in High Definition (HD), click here

No comments:

Post a Comment